New Israel Fund Australia ("NIF Australia") is concerned to ensure that all personal information you give us remains private.
Your personal information
NIF Australia only collects information about you that is necessary for our activities. This includes:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Communications you have with us
- Credit card or bank account details, where you donate using your credit card or where you have requested regular donation transactions via your credit card or Bank Account and donation history.
This information is collected from the following sources:
- Attendance at NIF Australia events
- Appeal letters and responses
- Information brochures
- Website and Facebook inquiries
- Telephone, mail and email inquiries.
In general, NIF Australia only records information about you that you have provided to us.
The information we collect is used to:
- Provide you with information about NIF and NIF Australia and their activities
- Respond to your comments or questions
- Seek support for NIF
- Process donations and pledges
- Issue receipts
- Conduct internal management and reporting.
If you choose not to provide the information requested by NIF Australia we may not be able to provide services to you and you may not be able to contribute or donate towards your chosen cause.
At any time you may choose not to receive any further communications from NIF Australia. You can arrange this at www.nif.org.au/unsubscribe or by contacting the Executive Director.
NIF Australia will not sell, rent or give away, share or give access to any of your personal information for use by third parties.
- Like many organisations we sometimes use contractors to help us carry out our functions. In some cases personal information needs to be supplied to them so that they can perform these tasks. We take reasonable steps to ensure that contractors and other third parties are bound by privacy and confidentiality obligations when handling your personal information.
- Our website and Facebook page are publicly accessible, viewable, and searchable by search engines like Google. Accordingly, if you post any material on those pages, or if you “Like”, comment on, or “Follow” one of our posts, that information will be publicly available to users of the Internet.
- NIF Australia uses internet hosted services which are not based in Australia. As such personal data is stored outside Australia.
- We will only ever publish donor names in our communications or advertisements with the express permission of the person concerned.
NIF Australia does not retain information about you that we do not need to carry out our functions.
We try to ensure that all information that we do retain about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
The security of your information is important to us. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is stored securely, both in electronic and physical forms, and that only those persons within NIF Australia who require access to the information have access to it.
You may request access to your information or deletion of your information at any time. If you would like to know what information we hold about you or there is an error in the information we hold about you, please notify our Privacy Officer and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
We may ask for verification of your identity when you request access to your information.
If you would like to talk to our Privacy Officer about this please contact Liam Getreu.
Concerns or Disputes
- Telephone: 02 9045 3688
- E-mail: [email protected]
We will try to answer your questions and correct any errors on our part.
If we do not deal with your concerns to your satisfaction you have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner’s contact details are:
- Telephone: 1300 363 992
- Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 1042
- Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
- E-mail: [email protected]
Definitions and abbreviations
- “NIFAu”, “NIF Australia” – New Israel Fund Australia, ACN 151 140 377
Versions of this policy
- Current version: 16 February 2020
- Version 2: 11 February 2014
- Version 1: 31 January 2012