You can ask all the questions you want of Sharon Berger, NIF's program manager. Just shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naomi Chazan Fellowship FAQ
What are the requirements for joining the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- Be aged in your 20s or 30s.
- Be committed to the values of social justice, equality, democracy and human rights.
- Have some experience with Israeli society and politics (for example, spent time there on a post-year 12 gap year program).
- Be committed to, and eager to be involved in, the Jewish community; some experience in a leadership role in the community is preferred.
- Although we expect most participants to live in Sydney or Melbourne, we encourage prospective Fellows from across Australia to apply.
What must I agree to in order to be a part of the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- To contribute $1,900 towards the cost of the Fellowship.
- To represent the values of NIF Australia with respect.
- To participate in the introductory seminar on 29-30 June. (Soon we will confirm whether the seminar will be in Sydney or Melbourne. Of course, we'll fly you up if it's outside of your home base.)
- To fully participate in the Israel trip from 14-23 July.
- To participate in the NIF Round Table in November 2019.
After your Fellowship year you'll become part of our growing alumni community with access to special events and much more!
What will Fellows have to do as part of the program?
Fellows must be able to attend the introductory seminar (29-30 June 2019) and all components of the Israel trip (14-23 July 2019). In addition, Fellows will be expected to attend the NIF Round Table in their home city.
After the Fellowship participants will become members of the program's growing alumni community which gives them to access unique programming, a special funding pool and much more.
How many people will be part of the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- In 2019-20, there will be up to six Australian Fellows.
- We will also be joined in the Israel study tour by Fellows from across the world including the UK, Canada, and the US. The group will be no larger than 20 people total.