What are the requirements for joining the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- Be aged in your 20s or 30s.
- Be committed to the values of social justice, equality, democracy and human rights.
- Have some experience with Israeli society and politics (for example, spent time there on a post-year 12 gap year program).
- Be committed to, and eager to be involved in, the Jewish community; some experience in a leadership role in the community is preferred.
What must I agree to in order to be a part of the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- To contribute $2,500 towards the cost of the Fellowship.
- To represent the values of NIF Australia with respect.
- To participate in the introductory retreat on 20-22 October 2023 in Victoria
- To fully participate in the trip to Israel from 10-18 January 2024 and understand that every aspect of the tour is compulsory.
- To participate in the online skills workshops
- To organise and participate in the end of program action in June 2024.
- To have an ongoing relationship and participate in regular check-ins with the cohort and NIF Australia staff and board.
What will Fellows have to do as part of the program?
- All the components of the program are compulsory. Fellows must attend the introductory retreat, the trip to Israel, the online skills workshop and end of program action.
How many people will be part of the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- This year we have capacity for up to four Australian fellows to join the program.
- We will also be joined in the Israel study tour by Fellows from across the world including the UK, Canada, and the US. The group will be no larger than 20 people total.
What is NIF New Gen?
- NIF’s New Gen community is an open and vibrant community of young professionals, social activists, community leaders, and students in their 20s and 30s who are committed to the work and values of the New Israel Fund.
Do I need to already be involved in NIF to apply?
- Previous involvement or participation in NIF events or with NIF programs is preferred, but not required
For more information please contact NIF Australia Director of Programming, Max Korman at [email protected]