If you still have any questions after reading this page please contact Sharon Berger, NIF's program manager. Just shoot an email to [email protected].
What about the Coronavirus?
Like everyone else we are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 closely.
We are hoping that the Israel trip will be rescheduled for late December 2020/early January 2021, however at this stage we will have to wait and see.
We encourage you to apply for this year’s Fellowship, which will still be a highly rewarding experience.
Who is the Naomi Chazan Fellowship for?
- Be aged in your 20s or 30s.
- Be committed to the values of social justice, equality, democracy and human rights.
- Have some experience with Israeli society and politics (for example, spent time there on a post-year 12 gap year program).
- Be committed to, and eager to be involved in, the Jewish community; some experience in a leadership role in the community is preferred.
- Although we expect most participants to live in Sydney or Melbourne, we encourage prospective Fellows from across Australia to apply.
What is required of me as a participant in the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- To contribute $1,900 towards the cost of the Fellowship.
- To represent the values of NIF Australia with respect.
- To participate in the introductory seminar dates TBC. It will be over the course of a weekend. (We will confirm whether the seminar will be in Sydney or Melbourne. Of course, we'll fly you up if it's outside of your home base.)
- To fully participate in the Israel trip which will hopefully be rescheduled to late December 2020/early January 2021.
- Attend our quarterly New Gen events in your home city.
- To participate in the NIF Round Table in October/November 2020 (TBC).
After your Fellowship year you'll become part of our growing alumni community with access to special events, opportunities and much more!
What will Fellows have to do as part of the program?
Fellows must be able to attend the introductory seminar (dates to be determined) and all components of the Israel trip (Late December 2020/early January 2021). In addition, Fellows will be expected to attend quarterly New Gen events and the annual NIF Round Table in their home city.
After the Fellowship participants will become members of the program's growing alumni community which gives them access to unique programming, a special funding pool and much more.
How many people will be part of the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- In 2020-21, there will be up to six Australian Fellows.
- We will be joined in the Israel study tour by Fellows from across the world including the UK, Canada, and the US. The group will be no larger than 20 people total.