Unfortunately, we have had to indefinitely postpone our scheduled speaking tour with New York Times columnist Roger Cohen’s scheduled trip to Australia due to an illness in his family. All of us at NIF send our best wishes to Roger and his family at this time.
In the meantime, we are planning to host a webinar with Roger in the next few weeks, and will be in touch once we have finalised those details. We are still hoping that Roger will come to Australia as a guest of NIF in the near future, and will keep you updated.
For those of you who have already booked tickets to his NIF event in Melbourne, we will be processing refunds for you in the next week. We are also working with our partners at the Sydney Jewish Writers Festival, the Melbourne Writers Festival and Limmud NZ about this, they will be making changes to their schedules and ticketing shortly, and will be in touch independently. (We would still encourage you to check out the other great speakers and sessions at those festivals!)
We are currently exploring alternative NIF programming for the rest of the year – including a number of incredibly impressive, and very prominent thinkers, writers and activists – and in the meantime want to share with you some other events, run by NIF and our friends, that you might be interested in:
Learn more about important issues facing Israeli society with our Naomi Chazan Fellows
- This SUNDAY night at 7:30pm at the Burger Centre, Randwick, in Sydney
- This THURSDAY night at 7:30pm at Caulfield Park Pavilion, in Melbourne
Events with Asaf Weitzen, head legal counsel for NIF grantee the Hotline for Refugees and Migrants, which works for the rights of asylum seekers and refugees in Israel:
- Public event in Sydney on August 24th at 6pm at Emanuel Synagogue, in Sydney
- Public event in Melbourne on August 25th at 7:30pm at Caulfield Park Pavilion, in Melbourne
- Asaf is also appearing at the Israel Film Festival in a Q&A after screenings of the film “Hotline”, which focuses on the work of his organisation – in Sydney on August 22th and Melbourne on August 26th
- I will be speaking to the topic “Taking Responsibility for One Another – How Our Generation Will Shape Israel's Jewish Future” at Kehilat Nitzan Synagogue in Melbourne this coming Shabbat, August 15th. More details here
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but we hope to see you at one of the other events we’ve listed above over the next month.
Please feel free to be in touch if you have any questions.