Sunday 17 May - Thursday 21 May 2020
We invite you to join NIF Australia and NIF Canada for an immersive travel and learning experience. Go behind the headlines to examine the realities of contemporary Israel. Meet the leaders of Israel’s dynamic social change movement.
Meet the inspiring grassroots activists, decision makers and influencers, civil rights attorneys, academics, prominent jurists, journalist, writers, and artists – all of whom are shaping the social change movement in Israel today.
Experience Israel up close and in a new light. Speak with people of diverse political and ideological views – Orthodox and secular, Jewish and Palestinian, liberal and conservative, Sephardi and Ashkenazi, recent immigrant and veteran Israeli.
Visit the separation fence and see up close how it affects the lives of both Israelis and Palestinians. See what life is like for the Bedouin in the south, or in Arab towns in the north.
Indicative schedule includes:
- Tour of Qalandia checkpoint with NIF Australia project Machsom Watch
- Overview of Israel's political system and democracy, with former Deputy Speaker of the Knesset Naomi Chazan
- Visit and tour of the Knesset and meetings with MKs to explore religious pluralism issues
- Guided tour of East Jerusalem with Eran Tzidkiyahu and NIF grantees Ir Amim and the Forum for Regional Thinking
- Urban tour of Arab-Israeli villages in Wadi Ara, looking at land and planning issues, led by NIF grantee Arab Center for Alternative Planning
- Tour of South Tel Aviv exploring the situation facing refugees and people seeking asylum with NIF Australia project the Hotline for Refugees and Migrants
- Tour of Hebron's Jewish settlement, Kiryat Arba and the area with NIF grantee Breaking the Silence
The trip begins in the morning of Sunday 17 May in Jerusalem and ends the afternoon of Thursday 21 May in Tel Aviv.
Indicative price: AU$3,000, per person, twin share
The price will be confirmed by 31 December 2019.
This includes accommodation at TRYP by Wyndham Jerusalem Bat Sheva (Jerusalem) and Link Hotel & Hub (Tel Aviv), as well as most meals during the trip. Flights are not included. The 'single supplement' is AU$400 if you are not attending 'twin share'.
Thinking about going? Any questions?
Fill in the inquiry form, or contact NIF Australia executive director Liam Getreu on 02 9045 3688 or email@example.com.
Deposit & registration
We ask for a $300 deposit per person to secure your spot on the tour. Please fill in the form below.
NIF will refund your payment and deposit up until a month prior to the trip start date. NIF reserves the right to cancel a trip in two instances: 1) if an insufficient number of travellers have signed up, or; 2) if NIF deems there are safety concerns that require trip cancellation. In either case, NIF will refund all deposits and payments.