Sunday 17 May - Thursday 21 May 2020
We invite you to join NIF Australia and NIF Canada for an immersive travel and learning experience. Go behind the headlines to examine the realities of contemporary Israel. Meet the leaders of Israel’s dynamic social change movement.
Meet the inspiring grassroots activists, decision makers and influencers, civil rights attorneys, academics, prominent jurists, journalist, writers, and artists – all of whom are shaping the social change movement in Israel today.
Experience Israel up close and in a new light. Speak with people of diverse political and ideological views – Orthodox and secular, Jewish and Palestinian, liberal and conservative, Sephardi and Ashkenazi, recent immigrant and veteran Israeli.
Visit the separation fence and see up close how it affects the lives of both Israelis and Palestinians. See what life is like for the Bedouin in the south, or in Arab towns in the north.
Indicative schedule includes:
- Tour of South Hebron Hills with NIF grantee Breaking the Silence
- Overview of Israel's political system and democracy, with former Deputy Speaker of the Knesset Naomi Chazan
- Visit and tour of the Knesset and meetings with MKs to explore religious pluralism issues
- Guided tour of East Jerusalem with NIF grantees Ir Amim and the Forum for Regional Thinking
- Discussion on how Reform and Orthodox women are partnering to strengthen gender equality in Israel, with NIF Australia project Israel Religious Action Center (IRAC)
- Unique tour of unrecognised Bedouin village in the Negev, looking at land and planning issues, led by NIF Australia project Bimkom
- Tour of South Tel Aviv exploring the situation facing refugees and people seeking asylum with NIF Australia project the Hotline for Refugees and Migrants
Price: AU$3,100, per single / AU$4,700, per couple
This includes accommodation at TRYP by Wyndham Jerusalem Bat Sheva (Jerusalem) and Link Hotel & Hub (Tel Aviv), as well as most meals during the trip. Flights are not included.
Thinking about going? Any questions?
Fill in the inquiry form, or contact NIF Australia executive director Liam Getreu on 02 9045 3688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NIF will refund your payment and deposit up until a month prior to the trip start date. NIF reserves the right to cancel a trip in two instances: 1) if an insufficient number of travellers have signed up, or; 2) if NIF deems there are safety concerns that require trip cancellation. In either case, NIF will refund all deposits and payments.