- Executive Director, Association for Civil Rights in Israel
- One of Israel's leading human rights champions
- Widely published on Arab-Jewish relations, human and civil rights, LGBT rights, and equality in Israel
- Launched Jerusalem's Annual Pride and Tolerance March
Mr. Hagai El-Ad joined the Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI) as Executive Director in July 2008. He brings to ACRI extensive experience as a leader in the field of human rights, in Israel and abroad.
Born in Haifa, Mr. El-Ad studied at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for astrophysics for three years (1997-2000) as a pre-doctoral fellow, having completed his B.Sc. (Special Honors Program, 1994) and M.Sc. (Astrophysics, 1996) at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Over the last decade, Mr El-Ad has become an influential advocate whose views on Arab-Jewish relations, human and civil rights, LGBT rights and equality in Israel have been widely published.
ACRI is Israel's oldest and largest human rights organisations and one of NIF's most important grantees.
Where's he speaking?
- Inner West -- Sunday October 7 at 7:30pm
- With JewishCare -- Sunday October 7 at 11am
- Communal event (east) -- Wednesday October 10 at 7:30pm
- NIForum -- Sunday October 7 at 2pm
Further enquiries: email@example.com or (02) 9216 9034.