1. What are the requirements for joining the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- Be aged in your 20s or 30s.
- Be committed to the values of social justice, equality, democracy and human rights.
- Have some experience with Israeli society and politics (for example, spent time there on a post-year 12 gap year program).
- Be committed to, and eager to be involved in, the Jewish community; some experience in a leadership role in the community is preferred.
- Live in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.
2. What must I agree to in order to be a part of the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- To contribute $1,900 towards the cost of the Fellowship.
- To represent the values of the New Israel Fund Australia Foundation with respect.
- To participate in the Study Tour to Israel from July 13-22 and understand that every aspect of the Tour is compulsory.
- To plan and run:
- a community event to share my experiences of the Fellowship,
- a Food For Thought Shabbat dinner, and
- two additional programs or initiatives during the length of the Fellowship.
- To participate in all three training and development seminars.
- To provide quarterly reports back to the New Israel Fund Australia staff and board.
3. What will Fellows have to do as part of the program?
- All the components of the program are compulsory. Fellows will be asked to run at least four events or programs (this includes the Food For Thought Shabbat dinner, as well as the August community events). NIF Australia will contribute resources and support to help the Fellows take action on the inspiration they gain while in Israel.
4. How many people will be part of the Naomi Chazan Fellowship?
- In 2017-18, the Fellowship is capped at six participants
- In parallel with our own program, we will also be joined by Fellows from across the Jewish world
For more information you can contact NIF Australia Program Manager Sharon Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like this post?